Thursday, April 28, 2011

Life is about Plan B

I can hardly believe that it has been over a month since my last post. At this point I would usually ask myself, "Where has the time gone?" However, I know the answer.

Life has put our family on a new path and it is exciting!  A month ago, the handsome hubs was laid off from work. He was employed in the home building industry ... knowing this it's not such a shocker now, is it? His former company has been handing out lay-off notices for five years now (several times a year). I think we knew this day would come. I was not surprised when he told me the news, in fact, I think I uttered, "OK, let's move on to Plan B."

Plan B started several years ago when hubs decided to get his Contractor's License. Since that time he has been getting referrals for re-modeling work. Picking up side work here and there over the past few years gave him an advantage when the lay-offs came.

This past month has been rather busy for both the hubs and myself. He been busy making connections and has been fortunate to get some great work contracts, with several more lined up. Contracting can be somewhat uncertain however, I am not in the least concerned. If any of you know my husband, you know that his version of relaxing is another person's working hard. He doesn't stop, really, he doesn't. Allow me to illustrate: He had 2 days off between contracts and decided we needed to paint the house ... maybe it's the diet Mt. Dew. 



 I have been busy working on getting a Corporation set up for him (thank you Legal Zoom!), as well as figuring out what we are going to do about health insurance - with our luck (and our history with broken bones) we NEED good insurance.

Along the way, I also got a bit creative and designed his business cards:



 (front)
 (back)



I have not intentionally ignored this blog, but as you can see, it's been an exciting month so far ... and a little over-whelming too. We are looking forward to see what Plan B has in store for us.

So, if you're in OC and need a good contractor, I gotta a guy...

4 comments:

My 5 Monkeys(Julie) said...

sending hugs and good luck with plan B

Kristina P. said...

I hope everything goes smoothly! Love the card.

Sadi said...

Yes, always have a plan b,c and d. Everything will work out fine!

mbobm said...

Yay for you both. i'm so gald rob is so busy - just let me and john know when we can build the site:) john's been studying like crazy on how to build fantastic ones. i can't wait until he helps me build/revamp mine. xoxo