Monday, March 14, 2011

Vintage Giorgio Armani Re-fashion

I was lucky enough to go to an Estate Sale a few months back. This sale was probably the best one I have ever been to; vintage dishes, handbags, and tons of clothes. The owner of everything had expensive taste AND it was a huge plus for me because most of the clothes were around my size.

Fast forward to just a few weeks back... While I was purging my house I found my stash of clothes that I picked up ... I use the term "found" loosely ... you see they were in a bag on the floor of my closet. (I have not quite made it clean my closet just yet...)

I went through the bag and tried on (again) a few of the items I picked up. One was a fabulously Fall, plaid skirt. I nabbed it because of the style. It buttoned in the front & tied in the back... but not like you would think. Take a look:

Cute, no?

Every once and a while I would put it on to wear, and then take it off. I wasn't in love with the look of it.


I think the problem with it (for me) is that this is a high waisted skirt. There is no getting around this, while still preserving the button front & tied back. Honestly, that is my favorite feature and I didn't want to touch that.

So ... I cut it in half. Well, almost. I cut several inches off the bottom and hemmed it.

It's perfect! Pair this *new* skirt with a fitted brown tee some fun T-Strap heels and I am ready to go!


2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

You did a great job. The length is so much better!

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

Amazing how a hemline can make or break a garment, isn't it?!?! Fantastic job making a vintage piece work for you so it gets worn and loved again.

Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage