Thursday, February 3, 2011

Re-fashioned Dress

In my recent purging efforts I have accumulated a few projects that were either never finished or never started.

This dress is one of those projects:



While doing a little treasure hunting at a local thrift store, I came upon a dress that caught my eye.

It didn't just catch my eye, I was totally drawn to it.

I absolutely loved the colors of the fabric. And I loved that the dress style was Asian inspired. I HAD to have it!

So I bought it knowing it was a bit large ... see?


(I would like to thank my 3 y.o. for taking this picture)

I dusted off the ol'sewing machine, ripped a few seams, made a few snips, and stitched it all back together to make it fit perfectly. All the while channeling the talents of my friend Carrie.

The end result has become my new favorite dress. And it only cost me $4.00. 

3 comments:

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

Really cute redo! The colors look wonderful on you. Amazing you did it all for $4.

Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

Lydia said...

Well done! Your momma would be proud!

Randi said...

That is SO So cute Heather!! You are so incredibly talented and gorgeous. Hope all is well with you and yours. :) Your little girl is getting so big!!!