Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Mardi Gras: The Floats

I love watching the Rose Parade on New Year's Day. I love seeing all the amazing floats that were made using nothing but flowers, leaves, grains & seeds. Truly that's talent. One year I even dragged my husband and (at the time) our two little ones on over to Pasadena to check out the floats up close. They were quite spectacular. Seeing all the work that went into the details was fascinating to me. 


But since this post is about Mardi Gras and NOT the Rose Parade...


Did you know that Mardi Gras not only has a parade but also floats?!! In doing some searching around the interwebz I realized that Mardi Gras is pretty much a BIG deal in the south. In my little world over here in SoCal, I had no idea how many cities in the South actually put on festive street parades and parties. 



 um. this is kind of scary

tribute to Marilyn Monroe

 love the glitter over the eyebrows

quite the colorful fish



maybe another poseidon?


OK, so these are not as cool as the Rose Parade floats, but still very cool. Personally, I think this just may be the coolest one...

 Yes, those are legos

Give me a jar of mod podge, a bit of paint, maybe a few legos and I'm sure my *almost* talented hands could make a float, ... right?! 


1 comment:

Kristina P. said...

How fun! I would love to go to Mardi Gras at least once.