Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Spring Cleaning in January?

Maybe it's the nice weather we've had lately, or it could be the start of a new year. Either way I decided it was time to clean house! Time to simplify, get organized & rid the house of un-used toys, clothes, and furniture.

You could say that this last weekend was a busy one! It certainly helped having hubby and our two boys gone on a camping trip. While they were gone, Little Miss and I tried to keep on task. She was not as helpful as I would have liked, but she is only 16 months. Maybe I should lower my expectations! :)



First up, was the boys room. There was a HUGE need to simplify.

PURGE
PURGE
PURGE

I now have the boys' toys fitting nicely on a bookshelf. Each toy has a place. With the exception of a medium sized storage bin in the closet (filled with larger toys; trucks, outdoor balls, etc).




All their other toys were placed in the donation pile.

I have an empty wall in this room and not sure what to do, art work? wall map? maybe nothing?

do you have any ideas?


Next up... Little Miss's room.

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I'm a big fan of artwork.

heather said...

I am leaning towards artwork too. Maybe a surfing theme to go along with that big surfboard against the wall.

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

You could play with a silhouette wall decal in that space. That might be fun. I like the surfing theme idea. Maybe come up with a combo of the two?

Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage