Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Brussels Sprouts Are Gross!

That's what I always thought growing up.

So when I became a grown up I decided to NOT buy them or eat them. (I can be stubborn sometimes) I kept my goal of this until .... my neighbor came over with dinner the other night. I was not about to turn dinner away. She's a great cook, everything she makes is yummy. So, what was I to do? I ate one of those gross brussel sprouts. then another. and another. and another. and another... you get the point.

Now I LOVE brussels sprouts. 


I went to Trader Joe's and pick up a stalk of brussels sprouts the next day. I cut & rinsed them first


Cook on the stove in a sauce pan with olive oil & butter


sprinkle with a bit of sea salt and start eating

If you are not a fan of brussels sprouts, everything tastes better with olive oil, butter & salt

3 comments:

My 5 Monkeys(Julie) said...

must try them with kids and I remember hating them as kid.

Kristina P. said...

I tried them for the first time, about 18 months ago. My dad loved them, and I thought they were gross. But I loved them! I saw someone make them on TV tomorrow night, and I need to find a great balsamic vinegar recipe for them.

Kristen said...

I can't believe you like them?!! I used the old trick with my kids, that they didn't have it as bad as I did as a kid, because mom forced us to eat brussel sprouts. I gave it to them and they hated it. They must take after me.