Thursday, October 21, 2010

Surprise!

Not too long ago we headed north to see my parents, who live along the central coast. It's gorgeous there!
We went to celebrate my Dad's birthday - It was a surprise. Pulling off this surprise for my dad was a miracle. I have 3 sisters and 1 brother - we all managed to free up a weekend to celebrate this occasion. Working in cahoots with my mom, my sisters and I invited the guests, made all the arrangements and prepared for the festivities.

My Dad said that even after he heard everyone yell "Surprise!" he didn't know the party was for him. Only after he saw all of us there ... and the grand-kids running up to him, did he realize this party was his!

The kids were so excited to see grandpa!


Grandpa with all 12 grand kids!

The day after the party my family got together again and had a big breakfast before we all had to head back to our various homes. It was a short & quick trip - but worth it to surprise my dad!

1 comment:

Nicki said...

Good work, Heather! Cute, fun pictures of the big surprise!