Tuesday, April 6, 2010

New Table

I recently wrote about our new table.  IT IS DONE!! I am so excited about it. I absolutely love the bench style seating and the fact that the top folds in half  - you know, just in case I want a smaller table top!

As we were working on it, my husband and I discussed what colors we would use to to stain it. I really wanted an old weathered look - I just didn't want to wait a few years while keeping it outside getting a natural weathered look.

My husband suggested a medium to dark stain and then white wash it. Now, before you start having flashbacks to furniture circa 1980, trust me when I tell you that it does conjure up any memories from the 80's when I look at it. 


After I white washed it, hubby sprayed a nice matte varnish to protect it.


{here it is with the table top folded in half}



What do you think? Does it look weathered or more like furniture from the 80's? 

4 comments:

Sherri said...

It looks great! I love the bench style seating too.

shari @ little blue deer said...

I love it! Looks great! You'll have to help me, we have a chest of drawers that I want to whitewash like that, my husband says we need to strip it first, but I'm like, if we want the dark part to show through, why would we strip it?

Nicki said...

nice work!

Sachiko said...

Thank you for visiting my blog heather! I loove this table and benches!