Monday, March 22, 2010

DIY :: Dining Table

Coming Soon



A new-to-us dinner table. This table is a few decades old and has seen it's share of meals. I love the bench style seating and the long table top. The table top is great because it folds over to become compact, making more space in the dining room.





It has been sanded, stained, sanded again, and now we are going to give it a salvaged look.



I got the new Restoration Hardware catalog and got inspired with the new collection. Most of which is salvaged and weathered wood.

Can't wait to show you the finished table!

3 comments:

shari @ little blue deer said...

Hi Heather, glad you're back! I love the weathered look, too, and I'm sure your table will be beautiful!

Chelsea said...

I LOVE that style and love getting my hands dirty with sanding and painting and the whole bit. I have been making some frames and really wish I had my own wood shop in my garage! ...yeah right! ;) (if i can convince the hubby to move all of his "TOYS" :)

NO REASON NEEDED said...

You go girl. I'm sure it will look fantastic when your done. Can't wait to see more pictures.