Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year ... New Project

Happy New Year my friends!


Twenty-Ten sounded so futuristic years ago, didn't it?


Another year also means another project here at our little cottage. Instead of multiple gifts this year for Christmas, the husband and I opted for one large gift. One in which mean't another little project for our outdoor spaces.


I photo documented the progress as my handy husband made it happen, (although don't let him catch you calling him "handy" he hates it!)

He had to cut into the Terra cotta tile in order for it to fit where we wanted it.
Then dig down about 10 inches in order to make the ground level.


He made a border out of railroad ties, lined it with plastic and filled it with gravel.
Ready for the fountain.


Voila!


Finally complete! We now have a fountain in our backyard and on most days here in California, we can open the back door and enjoy the tranquil sounds of trickling water.

5 comments:

skinnyfat said...

send your husband over to my house!! he is so talented!

Shanna - My Favorite Everything said...

What a fabulous addition! Great job!

kelly said...

So beautiful! Send that handy man my way when you are done with him! (I won't call him handy to his face!)

Chapel Apples said...

Wow! that is lovely!! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas :-)

Chelsea said...

How fun! I love the sound of trickling water...so relaxing.