Monday, June 29, 2009

patio cover


ok.. so remember this post?

We were digging ditches for those huge posts you see in the background.




This is our low budget answer to a great patio cover. (Anything is better than what we had!!)


It was a simple solution - ok, so not that simple - it took hubs quite some time to get those posts just right. It should have been a two-man job to lift those heavy beams, but he only got one and a half! Being preggers I didn't help as much as I normally would have.




The best thing about this cover (other than its size) is that it is UV protected and has a SPF rating.




Here is hubs relaxing as he enjoys his new patio cover.

7 comments:

Carol VR said...

Nice patio cover. When can I come over to enjoy it?...LOL

Jess said...

This is fabulous! Great job you do-it-your-selfers!! You've inspired me to get cracking on my own outdoor spaces...

BeachMama said...

That is a gorgeous cover. I just covered my pergola, not quite as pretty as your patio, but lovely to sit under.

candid7447 said...

This is such a great solution! Looks great! What kind of fabric? And how did you attach it?

Heather said...

Thanks for your comment candid7447. The fabric is a think mesh-like material and we got it at Home Depot. It comes in a roll. Along the wood beams we attached it with bolts. And along the house we strung a wire cable and connected that mesh material with S-hooks. It is not as tight against the house as it is against the beam, but it has worked out really well.

Amanda Mouton said...

What size post did you use? We are looking for a budget friendly patio cover for our backyard and I love this!

Nishant Singh said...

Great article ...Thanks for your great information, the contents are quiet interesting.I will be waiting for your next post.I bookmarked this blog further more information.
Patio covers.