Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mother to Sons

I was looking through this little book the other day.





Naturally it caught my eye given the fact that I have two darling (and mischievous) little boys! I love it for the short little pearls of wisdom it offers. They are funny, candid, and truthful.


Here are a few of my favorites ...

Introduce him to crayons and paint. But keep an eye on him or he'll redecorate your home.

Right around the age of three, he will heroically start to think he is your protector. This never goes away.

He will always want to show off his injuries. Act horrified.

Expect roughhousing. It's loud, but it's normal.

Instead of trying to control his behavior, learn to gently shape it.

Don't tolerate meanness.

Keep kissing him goodnight. Even if he doesn't kiss back.

Every now and then go into his room, sit down, and just visit.

Don't miss his school plays. Even if his role is "Tree #2."

Gently remind him that anything he finds in his nose should, for the good of society, stay there.

Remember these words, It's just a phase.

2 comments:

April said...

I had a friend give this too me at my shower and I've enjoyed it too. I think having a little boy will be lots of fun! And congrats on your upcoming little girl!!

Vanessa "Paper Chick" said...

I have this book..love it! and CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR UPCOMING BABY GIRL!