Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Welcome Mr. President



Dear Mr. President,

My thoughts are many, but my words are few. Today was a historic day as I watched your Inauguration as our 44th President. I was humbled as I watched you take the oath of office. My heart is full. Change has come and our country has come a long way. My two young son's will not remember this day, but I will tell them that they watched along side me. I look forward with great hope that the next 4 years bring about a change that our America needs. You have inspired many, and know that you will continue to do so. Gandhi said it best, "you must be the change you wish to see in the world". Change starts with us.

May God bless you and may God continue to bless this great country of ours.

Sincerely,
An American




{image via Getty Images}

2 comments:

jen b said...

hi heather i just wanted to thank you for the sweet comment you left on my guest post over at the lil bee yesterday. i am overwhelmed at the kindness this opportunity has brought me. have a great day. we are practically neighbors, i am in temecula.

sincerely, jen

Essay Experts said...

I shared the positivety and "hope" of that day as well. Thanks for posting!