Monday, October 13, 2008

i love the central coast

We took a lovely little vacay to the central coast. I love this place for many reasons. In particular, the weather. It is usually in the 70's year round and the nice coastal breeze is great. We go a few times a year ... I can't get enough of it!



This trip we went to a charming little place called Avila Valley Barn. A perfect for kids. They had a petting zoo where my boys fed the goats, pigs, cows, and miniature horses (not sure if they were Shetland ponies).

There was a funny looking cow ... with huge eyes that were reminiscent of what you'd find in Disney movie.



We hoped on a tractor and drove out to the fields where we picked our own apples. They were SO yummy.




It was nice to be away from home (and the responsibilities of my everyday routine) for a few days.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love Avila Valley Barn. It is fun. The next time you come to the area I will have to take you to See Canyon for really yummy apples.