Monday, September 29, 2008

Sunday Tradition



We started a tradition a while back and it has become one of my favorites. After church on Sundays we make Buttermilk Waffles. I look forward to them and now you can too. Here is the recipe:

4 Eggs beat until lite
2 Cups of Flour
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Baking Powder
2 Cups Buttermilk
1 Cup Cooking Oil (or 1/2 cup oil & 1/2 cup butter)

Mix together and pour into a waffle maker (preferably a Belgian Waffle maker)

Top with your favorite topping. My personal favorite is peanut butter and syrup.
Mmmm! I think I may have to make some this morning for breakfast now.

4 comments:

Vanessa Cavaco said...

I have to try this...sounds delicious!

The Warnick's said...

I got this great recipe for buttermilk syrup from my sister-in-law. In her directions she said to "drizzle it on your waffles, pancakes, french toast, or your arm and just lick it off!" It's that good. There is just something about buttermilk. Your waffles sound so tasty!

Carol VR said...

Should you try the chili recipe, let me know what you think.

I've bookmarked the waffle recipe and now I just need to get a waffle maker.

MMMMM, I can taste them already.

Amy said...

I am so happy that you posted that delicious recipe. I was thinking about calling you for it. SO YUMMY!