Thursday, September 4, 2008

M-I-A

where do I begin?! Since last Thursday I have been too busy to even sleep. While Swanky Paper was participating in Nie Nie Day, I was boarding a plane for Chicago. I went to visit one of my favorite friends and her family.

Their living room has a view that I loved waking up to.


I walked out of their front door onto Michigan Avenue ... where shopping and dining awaited us!



Since my friends are new to the city we enjoyed the city bus tour ... wherein I learned quite a bit about Chicago's gangster history ... very fascinating!


We sat and watched this talented guy while at the Navy Pier





So much fun that Chicago ...

A huge thank you to my wonderful husband who played with our boys for those few days so that I could have my own little playdate!

I returned home with several orders from the Nie Nie Day spectacular. I am still in awe at how many wonderful, selfless, and giving people there are. Design Mom had over 300 links to various auctions and websites offering to donate proceeds to the Nielson family.
So...once again I let my family take are of themselves so that I could get to work. Seriously folks, I have the best husband! But now that those orders are completed and the last one from NieNie Day has been shipped, I spent the evening with my family. and I think I will sleep in tomorrow ... as late as my 3 year old will let me anyway.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I love the beep-box harmonica player. What a talent!

HeAtHeR* said...

i can't wait for your visit in the spring! We had a great time with you!

Nicki said...

What a great trip! I'm so jealous that you got to go!