Wednesday, May 7, 2008

pause for reflection


I always tend to reflect on my life as another birthday passes. In years past I would tend look at the things I have not done yet and all the things that I want to do. Writing a book, getting that Master's degree, traveling more, etc... you get the idea.

Today I am 32. And I love my life.


This year I am not looking at all the things that I have not done, but rather all the things that I have. I am truly blessed to know who I am and what this life is all about. I married my best friend, whom I love and adore. I have two of the sweetest boys, who love me unconditionally, even when I have my not so great mommy moments. I am so grateful that I get to stay home with them and spend my days wrestling and playing with trains. I have a great family (both my own and my in-laws) who show their love and support always. And I have fantastic friends who are always there for me. I cherish them and their friendship.


Today I am 32 and I love my life!




p.s. today is the last day to sign up for my birthday giveaway. comment over on this post here. I'll announce the lucky winner tomorrow. good luck my friends!!!



image via flickr

8 comments:

Alycat said...

Great post! Happy Birthday! (pick me, pick me!)

Julie said...

happy Birthday to you
Many more good thoughts about birthdays

kribss said...

lucky girl to be blessed with great family + friends. lucky family to be blessed with you in their lives- happy birthday!!

Vanessa Cavaco said...

the Happiest Birthday to you Heather!!!

Bree said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you are set up for a perfectly beautiful day!

Bunny B said...

Happy Birthday Heather!! :) Wheee...

Honey said...

What a great out-look on life! I hope that you had a wonderful birthday!

jennyonthespot said...

Shame on me - I'm a wee bit behind here! But, we can never hear it enough, so I'm gonna say it - HAppy Birthday! What a sweet post... it's great to hear about the blessings and see the joy beyond the climbing numbers :)