Monday, March 24, 2008

the writings on the wall

I like to write. Somewhere along the way of my post college years I stopped writing. Who really wants to write a 30 page paper on the Life of the Piedmont Farmer during the Civil War, or the Intellectual Foundations of China? (Can you guess? I majored in History) Writing was always easy for me and I seemed to do very well under pressure. Excuse me while I brag for a moment, but I wrote some pretty kick-ass papers. I combined a lot of good-hearty material with just enough BS to score well.
Now I am many years post college and writing has all but dwindled to a love note for Hubs here and there, sending notes to friends (in the mail of course) and here on the blog – If one calls it writing! I suppose now, with somewhat little effort, I could whip out a 30 page paper on “The Mind of a Toddler: driven by curiosity and a desire to push the limits.” After all, I have the perfect case study to write on. It would consist of short sentences and elementary vocabulary. This is what I have become!
They say that when women have children they lose their memory. I am still not sure who “they” are … but “they” are right. I am vowing to improve my memory, my vocabulary and my writing skills.
I need to wrap this up. I am starting to feel like an over achiever with using slightly higher vocabulary than what is deemed elementary. And I have exhausted myself with all this writing. In the fine words of Bill Murray “baby steps, baby steps.”

1 comment:

Kristen said...

You are so eloquent in your writing. Maybe you can look over or better yet, write my research papers...after all, you have an itch. :)