Tuesday, March 25, 2008

spring is in the air...



...or is that pine sol and window cleaner?


We are in the middle of spring cleaning. I got the itch to just get it done. I started yesterday morning. I didn't get very far. Although I managed to clean up my son's room and organize his bookshelf and go through his toys. Then when the kids went to bed - no computer, no tv, no trashy magazines - hubs and I powered through a few hours of cleaning. We got those hard to reach places where the dust bunnies had been forming a rather large community of their own. I finally cleaned windows (inside and out). Have you ever know anyone to clean windows at night? Well now you do! I went ahead and tackled the bathrooms and vacuuming too - it had been a few days!


It is not over yet! We still have a list of chores to tackle before I will feel like it's clean. On the list today - my "office" I use quotations because it is not really an office but rather a corner niche in the dining room that I commandeered when we gave up our real office for a kid's room. Oh how I look forward to the day that we remodel and add on to our incredible shrinking house.

image via flickr

10 comments:

We are THAT family said...

SPRING CLEANING> who came up with this, anyway? I need to tackle it myself. . . putting it off!

Karen Erickson said...

I've been spring cleaning off and on for a couple of weeks. Still have a few rooms left to tackle.

Good for you for getting so much done! And cleaning windows at night? I barely clean my windows at ALL. LOL

Rick Rack Attack said...

Stop by anytime. I'll get you a glass of iced tea & you can put your feet up. You've been busy!

Confession of an Apron Queen: http://anapronaday.blogspot.com

Heart of Wisdom said...

Spring Cleaning....oh, you actually do this in the spring...hummm. I'd better get busy.

Robin@heartofwisdom.com
http://www.heartofwisdom.com/heartathome/

threelittlebirds said...

just found your blog.. wanted you to know that I love your cards.

V. said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I am super impressed you cleaned your windows inside and outside. I'm a littl more motivated to do the same.

V. said...

also, I love your paper line!

We are THAT family said...

just had to say . . . I TOO would love to see the mushroom cut. My mind is searching for an image. . .

Dawn said...

Can you come do my house next??? PLEASE!!!!

BeachMama said...

We did a "hoping for Spring" clean on Sunday. Once Spring really arrives we will have to do it all again. I love your "household" container. I have one like that for laundry soap, and love it.