Thursday, March 13, 2008

I'm dreaming of...

I live in an "established" neighborhood, and to be perfectly honest, saying that sounds much better than saying I live in an old home. Built in the late 50's, it has a lot of character and some of the workmanship is quite remarkable (plus a huge yard!). But onward we move to the purpose of this post... we (hubs, myself, Thing 1 & Thing 2) are rapidly growing out of our house and have been making plans to re-model. So naturally I am on the look out for some fantastic designs to get inspiration from...

here is a stellar kitchen I am dreaming about. I think I'll print it out and put it on the fridge...hubs will certainly get the not-so-subtle hint! Looking at this kitchen and layout I think I could easily just drop it in the current location of mine... but I'm dreaming big (after all this IS my dream) I want a little larger kitchen.



What do you think? I love it!! An all white kitchen is timeless. I love the marble counter top and all the white dishes. My favorite bit about an all white kitchen is that you can accent it with any color. So when the white becomes too sterile I can easily accent it with red one year, maybe green the next, and so on...the possibilities are endless.

6 comments:

KTS said...

ooh, i love older homes exactly for the details -- is yours a craftsman style?

Great idea with the kitchen, esp if you're fickle with the way you like to decorate. Makes it affordable to change things up if you're only doing accessories.

good luck!

Julie said...

I so agree about needing more room. Great looking kitchen too.

Harmony said...

Very pretty!! Too bad that one would never fit in my house :(
I've stopped by from the UBP - thanks for visiting my site as well!

hazel said...

Love all of it. The cabinets are my favorite, looks like furniture!

BeachMama said...

I love that kitchen. Even though I live in a not so established neighbourhood, somedays I want to remodel my kitchen. The builders wouldn't let us change anything and it isn't exactly the best laid out kitchen. That one looks fabulous.

Jenna said...

Just don't get a white floor. White tile is murder with 5 kids 8 and under. It never looks clean and anything that hits it is broken.