Wednesday, February 27, 2008

what inspires you?

I was asked that question the other day after showing a friend some of my designs and all I could say was EVERYTHING! Art, design and colors are all around us. Everything can be inspiring. Our clothes we wear, the beauty outside, even taking a shower. WHAT? A shower?! I'll get to that in a minute.

I love looking at fabrics. Once upon a time I wanted to be a fashion designer - I made some of my own clothes for a bit just because it was fun. I even made my sister a skirt - and yes, she wore it! It looked cute on her too. I love finding color combinations that just POP! and fabrics offer some exciting colors that inspire me. Being outside can be inspirational if you let it.

On walks with my boys, one of them loves to look for "wishes." We call dandelions wishes...any why not? we all blow on them and make a wish right? Flowers and leaves are especially great to look at for their colors, shape and often times their hidden patterns. I know I sound a little nutty, but seriously, when you see a flower look closely next time, some have beautiful patterns.

And every once and a while my husband inspires me...or rather tells me what I should change or add to an existing design. Who knew that my very own Bob the Builder had a great eye for design and detail?

And how about that shower?! With two busy kids and a household to maintain, along with all the activities/errand that never cease - I manage to get quiet time in the shower...just me and my thoughts! In fact, the idea to start this little stationary business came to me in the shower. I know, Too Much Information!

Well there you have it. EVERYTHING can be inspirational and you can find inspiration ANYWHERE.
Click HERE to win some of my inspiration.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I agree inspiration is everywhere :)