Friday, February 8, 2008

too good to eat

I like to watch the Food Network. Not because I can cook but because I can't cook. I tend to make the same meal time and again...we are all creatures of habit I guess. (Although I made some delicious salmon last night using fresh lemons I picked right off a tree). So...I watch it thinking that I'll get inspired, or at least maybe I'll get some new ideas. I've certainly tried a few of the recipies I've watched being prepared, but I am fairly certain that their final product tasted much better than mine.

So...the other night I could not sleep and ended up on the couch flipping through the channels. I finally landed on the food network and watched Ace of Cakes. Have you seen this show?!! I've seen it before, but it is on late at night here, so I don't tune in regularly. I did not get inspired to even attempt these AMAZING cakes, and to say that I was impressed is an understatement. Ace of Cakes is a reality show that follows the owner Duff Goldman, the cake designers and decorators at Charm City Cakes. The episode I watched was about the cake they were making for the Los Angeles premier party of one of the Harry Potter films....so Charm City Cakes was asked to make a cake of Hogwarts. One word: AMAZING!
See for yourself....the details they put into the school and then to watch them make the little trees was incredible.


Here are a few other incredible masterpieces...
















This one doesn't even look like a cake...
I wonder if they taste as good as they look?!!

2 comments:

mom-n-nj said...

I have seen the show and the cakes are truly amazing. I wish I had 1/100 of his talent. I am happy if I don't get crumbs into my icing. I saw an epsiode where he shot a firecracker out of a cake.

Julie said...

i love to watch Iron chef america cook off :)