Monday, February 4, 2008

sucker for bags



You name it...I love it. I have a love affair with all types of bags. Handbags, clutches, hobo's, vintage, etc. Right now, the bigger the better! Lately I am attracted to large bags... you know, something to hold everything from lip gloss to diapers. Several months ago while reading my latest Blueprint mag (which sadly MSLO recently axed), I came across an article about custom handbags from a little company called freddy&ma. So, naturally I jump onto their website to see about ordering a custom handbag. How cool it that?? Having an original that no one else has. So I sat at the computer and about an hour later I had designed several bags for myself. I did not quite make it to the check out section. At over 200 bucks a pop, it is not exactly in the budget right now. They do, however have a cute little clutch for 80 bucks, and with a gift certificate I got, I did get to take one of my designs to the check out section! freddy&ma have an incredible interactive website where you can pick the bag style, choose the leather trim, pick from hundreds of great fabrics ... you'll spend hours designing your own bag too - go check it out!


**For some reason my camera was not working last night - here is my cute freddy&ma bag.

2 comments:

Jenmomof4 said...

What a neat idea! I love funky fabric!!

Sherri said...

That is a great site to play on! Maybe one day I will design one to buy too.