Saturday, January 26, 2008

the start of something new

swanky paper began as simple as an idea one day back in 2005. i made my son's birth announcement and with a desire to have matching thank you cards for all baby gifts i tried to creat my own personalized ones...that did not go over so well. i was just a rookie back then! so i went to target to get some. they always have cute and inexpensive ones - but everyone else has the same ones. so began the process of developing my own note card line. i had great support from friends who stood as my sounding board with ideas and designs. my hubby encouraged me all along the way knowing that whatever i set my mind to do i would go all the way. fast forward to 2007 - once i felt comfortable with the results of the note cards i got started in the home party and boutique platform. my cards were always well recieved. i can not begin to say how good that made me feel. it is one thing for me to like my own cards or for family and friends to compliment the designs, but after my first home party and boutique i was overwhelmed with confidence that maybe this really is the start of something that others can really appreciate too.
so here it is ... the blog to compliment my website. come back from time to time to see the latest in designs and be the first to see product lines before they launch on the website. stay tuned for some fellow blogger participation as well... oh the fun we'll have with swanky paper.

1 comment:

Jenmomof4 said...

Congratulations on your venture into Blogging and sharing your Swanky line!